Weekly Relationship Check-in — The 7 Questions • 1 min read
If you want a satisfying relationship that withholds nothing and honors Christ, take some time with your spouse or significant other to ask these questions every week. I know that asking these questions from the beginning of my relationship with Hannah has provided a solid foundation and culture of trust and love.
The 7 Questions
Jefferson Bethke and his wife provided the template to these questions.
- What was one thing that brought you joy this week?
- What was one thing that was hard this week?
- What is one specific thing I can do for you this week?
- How can I pray for you this week?
- Is there anything that’s gone unsaid, convictions, confessions or unresolved hurt?
- What’s a dream or desire or thought that’s been on the forefront of your mind this week?
- How are we doing, stewarding, and feeling about our finances (we only ask this one about every 4-6 weeks)?
— from Cam Pak, an intentional husband